~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Book Depository

Christmas in July

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I know Christmas is in December, but in Australia December is a hot summer. So in Australia there’s Christmas in July celebration, with the winter Christmas theme because July is generally the coldest month of the year.

Last year Christmas was my 1st Christmas. However, I was down with HFMD, so I didn’t really get to celebration my Christmas. So daddy mummy thought it would be nice for them to have a Christmas in July celebration now, invite some little friends of mine to celebrate together with me. This is to replace back what I have missed out last year December.

There’s turkey with cranberry sauce, salad, prawns, pasta & chicken ball (for us the kids) and lots of desserts. Some of these dishes were brought by aunties and uncles.

This is the chicken ball with green apple and herbs stuffing made by mummy for me and my little friend.

IMG_5735

I like them! You want some? IMG_5743

This is the ripple log covered with tempered white chocolate – the Christmas theme design made by mummy. This is mummy’s favourite. Mummy said this is the easiest ever “cake” to make (click here for recipe).

IMG_5786 Half of the “cake” (it is actually cookies) finished by mummy

IMG_5872 This is the Christmas tree daddy mummy put up for this celebration, with all the pressies brought by everyone for the exchange.

IMG_5804

IMG_5885

Time to open pressie!!! Kids first!!

Daddy helped me to open the pressie. What is my Christmas pressie?

 IMG_5809

William shown me how to play the pressie he got for me

 IMG_5814 

Mummy look! There’s so many shinning little balls on the big tree!!

IMG_5877  IMG_5882  Let me help you to take down the balls from the tree

IMG_5878

I enjoyed my Christmas in July very much!!!

0 comments: