~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Book Depository

Family Care (mommy’s sharing)

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

We have been talking about sending Esrene to family care or childcare for a while but nothing has been done. Daddy wants Esrene to be in care for few days so that she can expose to more children instead of always stay home facing mummy, and mummy can have some break and focus on nurturing baby as well.

As it is approaching to baby’s due date, I took up the task to visit childcare & family care. After some visits, I prefer family care over childcare. In the family care, only maximum 5 kids with a carer, less virus to pickup and they get more attention from the carer. Besides it runs by the council so it is cheaper compare with childcare. I managed to find a family carer who’s available to take care of Esrene from the council. Esrene and I are pretty comfortable with her during our 1st visit, so we started Esrene in the care since February.

1st day to family care (4 Feb 2011)

Little girl carried her own bag filled with sleeping bag, Eeyore, food and water, getting ready to go family care. My baby has grown up!!!

With her independent and sociable character, it is very easy for Esrene to adopt in the care. There’s 3 kids in the care she is in – two 5 years old boy and one 8 months old baby boy. She enjoys playing with them. We send her to the care every Friday and she will spend her morning in the playground with other kids from other carers. She enjoyed her time a lot in the playground, a lot of activities set up for her there like colouring, craft, outdoor play etc. She will happily saying bye bye to me when I send her there. Sometimes when I pick her up she will refuse to go back!

The only con is that she skips her afternoon nap in the care, maybe because of the new environment. So she will look exhausted and sleepy by the end of the care. Hopefully after a while she will be able to get used to it and take her afternoon nap.

Every Friday is an “off day” for me now until the baby come. I get to do more housework, my financial or cake work and run errand. But of course I constantly miss Esrene when she is away. The house seems so so quiet without her around.

Few days ago daddy tidy up his stuffs and leave Esrene with a big cardboard box. Esrene loves playhouse. Every time when we are in Bunnings or toy shops she will run to the playhouse. Playhouse is the first place she will run to when she play in our friends’ backyard as well. However, a good outdoor playhouse will cost at least $300 above, which is too costly for us to get her now. So I decided to make a playhouse from the cardboard box.

IMG_9608IMG_9613

She was quite excited with the playhouse for the first day but after that it becomes the playhouse for her Eeyore instead after realising it is not big enough for her. She still goes into the house once in a while but after comes out the “house” will collapse! Anyway a reasonable toy with no cost, not too bad Smile

2 comments:

Julia said...

toddlers get bored of stuff fast so the DIY playhouse is a great idea! Ida, your tummy is getting bigger, enjoy the rest of your pregnancy before you need to start all over again (telling myself this as well)

Me! said...

Yeah very true.
My tummy is not bigger, but super big! When I was 28 weeks already the same size as full term when I carried Esrene. So can imagine how big I am now. Once sit down on the floor or squat down cannot stand up!