~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Book Depository

Chinese New Year 2011

Friday, February 18, 2011

This is my 2nd year celebrating Chinese New Year. A week before CNY daddy mummy got some beautiful “fish fish” hanging decoration to decorate the house. I was so excited when I see some fishes at the living room!!

On CNY eve, we had steamboat for reunion with auntie Ling who is staying alone in Melbourne. Mummy said this is the easiest one to do consider it is just a few of us. For the first time I get to eat steamboat and I love my fish balls!!!

CNY fall on Thursday, there is no public holiday in Melbourne, so I stayed home with mummy as usual. This year we didn’t go any china town to see the celebration because the weather is pretty hot. In the evening after bath, daddy mummy changed me to a pretty CNY cheong sam that they bought for me from Penang. I get to collect angpow from them. I was very excited to receive the angpow, mummy said more like I am more excited to tear off the red packet than anything.

Captured Videos

On CNY weekend, daddy mummy invited some of the close Chinese friends to have lunch as CNY celebration. Mummy cooked some of her family dishes for CNY eg. lobak, ji hu char which daddy loves a lot. I love ji hu char after the first try. I kept asking for more and eat 2 bowls of it for my lunch!

CNY 2011

Daddy mummy let me wear my pretty cheong sam to church for the two CNY weekend. All my Sunday school teachers, aunties and uncles said I look gorgeous with the dress.

You reckon?

 

IMG_9522IMG_9526

 

Honk honk! Lets go and collect some angpow daddy!

 

IMG_9530

CNY passed by so fast. We managed to celebrate the last day of CNY with a nice dinner at a Chinese restaurant. Hope you had a great CNY too!

 

2 comments:

JACT said...

Esrene, you're a pretty little lady in your cheongsam! Gong xi Gong xi!

JACT said...

Esrene, you're a pretty little lady in your cheongsam! Gong xi Gong xi!