~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Book Depository

My Canberra trip

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Daddy, mummy and I flew to Canberra on Thursday to do our passport and also do my birth registration. This is my first trip on the plane since I was born. We took the evening flight to Canberra with Tiger Airway (our flight was delayed for 2 hours!). As it was my sleeping time, daddy mummy put me in my cosy cocoon that Auntie Rachel lent to them while they did the check-in in the airport. I slept very peacefully in the cocoon and attracted a lot of attention from the passengers around me.


We stayed with Auntie Lynette and uncle Alex in Canberra. It was a new environment to me, I was very playful and refused to have my night feed. I kept smiling and played with Auntie Lynette before going to bed. However, I slept really well throughout the night in my Phil & Teds portacot that daddy mummy bought for me. I love my portacot so much. After mummy put me in the cot, I will spent a lot of time talking and playing with myself for at least 30 min before going to sleep. Mummy was pleased that I like the portacot. It is a very light cot for them to bring around as well (just 2.5kg).




The next day, we went out very early to Malaysia embassy to do our passport and my birth registration. Daddy went through a lot of hassle just to get the documents for my birth registration before hand and was worried they can't get my birth registration done. They thank God for the smooth progress to be able to get everything done at the end. Now I got my own passport!! I don't have a Malaysia birth certificate because I was born in Australia. The embassy just gave daddy a form certified that he is a Malaysian citizen when I was born in Melbourne.


Malaysia embassy in Canberra. Daddy said the big satellite dish is for the workers there to catch Astro!

After the embassy, we spent our afternoon at Canberra shopping mall walking around while waiting to fetch Uncle Alex from work for dinner. We also had the opportunity to visit Parliament house. Here are some photos taken there.

Daddy, mummy & me in front of Parliament house


On top of "the roof" at Parliament house

Overall, I enjoyed the trip very much. Daddy mummy are very proud of me because I behave really well throughout the whole trip. Thank you Auntie Lynette & uncle Alex for hosting us. Hope to see you guys soon in Melbourne!


4 comments:

MYOB said...

oh my, esrene is such a cutie in that white bunny overalls !!!

LiNgz said...

sel, why post picture of me so 'chan' one? I look like your maid la. ^_^

Daddy Siu said...

not maid, official Can-Ber-La (say it like a typical asian)Babysitter
muhahahah

LiNgz said...

ur still traumatized by that airline's steward/stewardess? Welcome to Kanbellah.... ^_^