~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Book Depository

Eventful Weekend

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I have a tiring but eventful weekend. On Saturday, Auntie Liza, Uncle Simon, Auntie Sue, Auntie Chin Leng, Uncle Boon and Uncle Chris came over our house for potluck lunch to celebrate daddy mummy’s birthday (combine celebration). They brought a lot of yummy food over such as home cook tandorri chicken, Auntie Sue’s famous “ji-chu-ji” (prawn plater), quiche and daddy’s roasted BBQ chicken (looks burn outside but very yummy).

DSC_4483

While they were enjoying their food, I had my short afternoon nap. I was overwhelm with so many uncles and aunties around when I woke up. They tried to carry me but I started to cry!

Uncle Simon’s shoulder is not as comfortable as daddy’s, I don’t want…WAH WAH WAH!!

 DSC_4484

Uncle Chris’s funny face looks so scary…WAH WAH WAH!!!

DSC_4493

Auntie Angeline does not smell like mummy, I don’t want too! WAH WAH WAH!!!

DSC_4494

Sorry uncle, auntie, I was just in bad mood that day. Next time when you visit me, I will play with you guys and give you some smile instead.

Uncle Chris bought a cake for me! Even though it meant to be the celebration for daddy & mummy’s birthday but I got the cake instead because uncle Chris said that he has not seen me since I was born so this is my birthday cake. I got to blow the candle as well! DSC_4501 DSC_4505

Sunday was my baby dedication and it was daylight saving as well, which means we have to adjust our clock one hour earlier. Not only daddy mummy forgot about it, we all were overslept on that day!! When mummy finally recalled, we only have 30 mins to get ready to go to church before the service starts! We arrived at the church 5 min late. After getting the name tag for my baby dedication, daddy rushed out to send the cupcakes to mummy’s customer (they suppose to send before going to church). Baby dedication will only start in 40 min time, so daddy thought he will have more than enough time to deliver the cake and come back. However,when we were called to go up to the stage, daddy still not back yet!

 IMG_4404

Pastor Daljit introduced me to the church and talked to me….still no daddy!

IMG_4402Mummy prayed and prayed that daddy will be able to reach on time before the prayer.

Just right before Pastor Terry prayed for me, daddy arrived!! He ran from the end of the hall right up to the stage to join us!

 IMG_4409 IMG_4407

Oops, I yawn…just a bit tired after waiting so long for daddy :)

Daddy mummy said they prayed to have me and God has granted that what they asked for. So now they dedicated me back to the Lord, my whole life I will given over to God to serve Him and love Him. I sneezed to agree with them when they said AMEN!

I also got a baby dedication certificate to remember this important day!

IMG_6913

After the church, we went to Straits Cafe for Penang food with Uncle Sean, Auntie Lisa, Averial and Jayden. I enjoyed my time playing in the pram while daddy mummy enjoyed their yummy Penang.

IMG_4414We had a panic but happy day! 

2 comments:

JACT said...

very eventful indeed :D
panic rush... :D

Adventurer said...

hahahah all in correct timing :)